$25.00 / bottle
$300.00 / case (12)
The fruit for the Hedonist Tempranillo is estate grown on our biodynamically run vineyard situated in the Willunga foothills, McLaren Vale.
A wet winter in 2017 set the vines up well for the growing season.
Summer and early Autumn were unusually dry, keeping disease pressure low. Favourable summer ripening weather with daytime temperatures in the high twenties, with cool nights, led to fruit in great condition at picking. This translated to a very civilised vintage, with all fruit coming into the winery in outstanding condition and in a very timely fashion.
This Tempranillo is made to be enjoyed now. It is made in what the Spanish call a ‘joven’ style – minimal to no oak influence, then released young with the intention to be consumed right away.
Traditionally vinified in open top fermenters and pumped over twice daily. 3 separate parcels were fermented for between 6-12 days on skins. Malolactic fermentation was completed in seasoned 300L French oak hogs heads. Seasoned oak was selected for its minimal oak influence to keep the wine fresh and retain primary fruit characteristics.
- Dark cherry red with purple hues
- Bright and fresh with red berries, sour cherries and Turkish delight
Fresh medium-bodied palate. Cherry cola and cranberry, with hints of cinnamon and underlying earthy tones, finishing with fine cocoa tannins.
- AGE OF VINES
- 10 years
- Tempranillo 100%
- OAK TREATMENT
- Matured for 4 months in seasoned 300L French Oak Hogs Heads for minimal oak influence
- Alc: 13.5%, pH: 3.73, TA: 5.71g/L, GF: 0.15g/L
2018 Hedonist Tempranillo
- Gold medal - Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show 2018
2017 Hedonist Tempranillo
- Bronze medal - Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show 2017
2015 Hedonist Tempranillo
- 94 points - Wine Companion 2018 Edition, James Halliday, 01 Aug 2017
"Includes 4% grenache, open-fermented, pumped over twice daily, 10-day ferment, pressed to used French hogsheads for 10 months maturation. Although the vines are young (7yo), this suggests the site has great potential. There is truly lovely cherry fruit on the fresh light to medium-bodied palate thanks in part to the controlled alcohol; the finish has gently savoury tannins that tie the parcel up ever so neatly."
2014 Hedonist Tempranillo
- 92 Points, The Advertiser, Tony Love - Top 100 (2016)
- Silver medal - Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show 2015