$25.00 / bottle
$300.00 / case (12)
The fruit for the Hedonist Sangiovese is sourced from the Willunga foothills of McLaren Vale. The idyllic St Vincent’s Gulf lies 5km to the West. The soil is rich loam over clay with patches of underlying limestone, giving the wine a rich and fullness of pallet.
Winter and spring weather conditions helped set up the early growth of our vines with above average rainfall leading to full soil profiles. Harvest commenced 2-3 weeks later than usual. Conditions were ideal for a long, slow ripening period.
Harvested as a single batch on the 23rd of March. Crushed and de-stemmed, followed by twice daily pumpovers for 8 days, then one pumpover per day to wet the cap until pressing 42 days later. The additional time on skins allows the softening and integration of tannins. Malolactic fermentation took place in seasoned oak and stainless steel tanks.
- Deep ruby red with purple hues
- Raspberries, cherries and subtle notes of leather, charcuterie and white pepper spice
- Firm tannin structure gives length while the rich texture creates a bright and opulent mouth feel. Bright red berries and cherries dominate, with just a touch white pepper.
- Sangiovese 100%
- 2-3 tonne/acre
- OAK TREATMENT
- 70 % seasoned French oak for 12 months - hogs head (300L barrels), 30% stainless steel maturation
- Alc: 13.5%, pH: 3.59, TA: 6.56g/L, GF: 0.13g/L
- 26 September 2018
2016 Hedonist Sangiovese
- Silver Medal - Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show 2017
2015 Hedonist Sangiovese
- 91 points - Wine Companion 2018 Edition, James Halliday, 01 Aug 2017
"Crushed and destemmed, twice daily pumpovers for 8 days, then one daily for the next 6 weeks, 70% matured in used French hogsheads, 30% in tank, for 7 months. Neatly handled."