$23.00 / bottle
$276.00 / case (12)
The fruit for the Hedonist Cabernet is grown biodynamically on our own vineyard situated in the Willunga foothills, McLaren Vale. Warm Summer days are cooled by evening sea breezes from St Vincent’s Gulf, which lies a close proximity to the West. The soil is rich loam over clay with patches of underlying limestone, giving the wine a rich and fullness of pallet.
Winter and spring weather conditions helped set up the early growth of our vines with above average rainfall leading to full soil profiles.
Harvest commenced 2-3 weeks later than usual. Conditions were ideal for a long, slow ripening period.
Harvested in two batches late March/early April, the parcels were fermented separately – for 12 days and 33 days respectively. Once malolactic fermentation was completed in stainless steel tanks, the batches were racked into 15% new French Oak; 85% 3-4 year old French Oak for 18 months for maturation.
- Deep ruby red
- Blackcurrant, a touch of tomato vine and a tantalising hint of black truffle.
- An abundance of blackcurrant carries through to the palate, some earthy tones and tight tannins wrap this little package up nicely.
- AGE OF VINES
- 21 years
- HARVEST DATE
- 23 March & 1 April 2017
- OAK TREATMENT
- 15% new French Oak, 85% 3-4 year old French Oak for 18 months
- Alc: 14%, pH: 3.52, TA: 6.7g/L, GF: 0.61g/L
- BOTTLING DATE
- 7 December 2018
2017 Hedonist Cabernet Sauvignon
- 92 points - Wine Companion 2020 Edition, Jane Faulkner, 01 Aug 2019
“Cassis and blackberries vie for centre stage, it's a brightly fruited wine seasoned with dried herbs, oak spices and plenty of appeal.”
2016 Hedonist Cabernet Sauvignon
- 94 points - Wine Companion 2019 Edition, James Halliday, 01 Aug 2018
"Harvested in two batches on 29 Feb and 5 Mar, fermented separately for 8 and 27 days respectively, matured in French oak (15% new) for 18 months. Interesting wine. The length of fermentation and the gap between pickings have produced a medium-bodied, savoury wine with just a hint of minty/wintergreen, outweighed by the freshness and cassis flavours of the long palate - all in all, cool climate references."
2014 Hedonist Cabernet Sauvignon
- 90 points - The Wine Front, Gary Walsh
- Bronze Medal - Decanter International Wine Show