$35.00 / bottle
$357.00 / case (12)
The fruit for the Hedonist Ecology Grenache is sourced from an iconic organic/biodynamic certified vineyard in Kangarilla, which is a relatively cooler site within McLaren Vale.
The 2021 ripening season was met with our average rainfall for the first time in at least 3 vintages. Not only did McLaren Vale experience a wet winter, but also a luscious spring and a significantly cooler summer. This created magnificent ripening conditions from fruit set and flowering through veraison to final ripening. Yields were back up compared with the previous few vintages, coupled with arguably the best quality vintage so far this century. While vintage was long and drawn out, it created a relaxed picking environment and enabled superb balance of natural acidity, texture and tannin in the resulting wines.
Handled lightly to allow the fruit to shine. Hand-picked, cold soaked for 4 days when the indigenous yeast kicked off in open fermenters. A little whole bunch (approx. 15%) and whole berry fermentation, adding layers of complexity, while building texture. Remaining élevage for 10 months in a second use 4500L foudre.
- Light, bright cherry red
- Wild strawberries, florals, and pomegranate
- Wild strawberries carry through, with savoury truffle notes. Firm chocolatey tannins, lively pomegranate acidity, coupled with the approachable mid weight unite, creating a seamless, moreish experience.
- Grenache 100%
- HARVEST DATE
- 27 March 2021
- OAK TREATMENT
- Matured in 100% French oak foudre (3rd fill 4,500L) for 10 months
- Alc: 14% vol, pH: 3.47, TA: 5.5g/L, GF: 0.26g/L
2020 Hedonist Grenache
- Gold Medal - 95 points - 2021 McLaren Vale Wine Show & James Halliday Grenache Challenge
2018 Hedonist Grenache
- Trophy Winner - Best Grenache 2 years old or older - 2020 McLaren Vale Wine Show
- Gold Medal - 2019 Australian International Wine Show
- 90 points - www.therealreview.com, Huon Hooke, 31 Jan 2020
Medium to deep red/purple colour. Fresh earth and brown spice aromas; the tannins are tight and firm and drying, the wine is medium to full-bodied and well-structured. Dried herbs. Firm finish. A keeper, and it has drinkability. (grapes certified biodynamic)