$35.00 / bottle
$357.00 / case (12)
The fruit for the Hedonist Ecology Grenache is sourced from an iconic organic/biodynamic certified vineyard in Kangarilla, which is a relatively cooler site within McLaren Vale.
2020 was a vintage of quality over quantity. The season began with good winter rainfall, followed by a mild start to spring. However, the total rainfall was below average for the third year in a row. Summer started with intense heat in mid-late December. Fortunately, the rest of the season was cooler than average with some late rain in the season, which enabled the vines to recover from the early heat and ripen seamlessly. Yields were slightly down across the district, but fruit quality was of a high standard, despite the early challenges. While catastrophic bushfires ravaged the country, McLaren Vale remained free from smoke taint.
Handled lightly to allow the fruit to shine. Hand-picked, cold soaked for 4 days when the indigenous yeast kicked off. Approximately 15% whole bunch clusters in the bottom of the open fermenters. Completed malolactic fermentation and then matured for a further 10 months in a second use 4500L foudre.
- Light, bright cherry red
- Lifted nose of red berries, slight floral perfume with herbal tones and Christmas spices.
- Savoury with fresh, tart red fruits. Firm chalky tannins build structure while adding length to the bright and juicy palate. Exhibits exceptional balance with a smooth, velvety mouthfeel.
- Grenache 100%
- HARVEST DATE
- 27 March 2020
- OAK TREATMENT
- Matured in 100% French oak foudre (3rd fill 4,500L) for 10 months
- Alc: 14% vol, pH: 3.43, TA: 6.1g/L, GF: 0.02g/L
2020 Hedonist Grenache
- Gold Medal - 95 points - 2021 McLaren Vale Wine Show & James Halliday Grenache Challenge
2018 Hedonist Grenache
- Trophy Winner - Best Grenache 2 years old or older - 2020 McLaren Vale Wine Show
- Gold Medal - 2019 Australian International Wine Show
- 90 points - www.therealreview.com, Huon Hooke, 31 Jan 2020
Medium to deep red/purple colour. Fresh earth and brown spice aromas; the tannins are tight and firm and drying, the wine is medium to full-bodied and well-structured. Dried herbs. Firm finish. A keeper, and it has drinkability. (grapes certified biodynamic)