$35.00 / bottle
$357.00 / case (12)
Crafted from a combination of older and younger, bush vine and trellis, Willunga and Kangarilla Grenache. Certified organic and biodynamic.
Following a wet winter in 2017, the vines were set up well for the growing season. Summer and early Autumn were unusually dry, keeping disease pressure low. Favourable summer ripening weather with daytime temperatures in the high twenties, with cool nights, led to fruit in great condition at picking. This translated to a very civilised vintage, with all fruit coming into the winery in outstanding condition and in a very timely fashion. A standout vintage.
Handled lightly to allow the fruit to shine. Hand-picked, cold soaked for 4 days when the indigenous yeast kicked off. 18% whole bunch clusters in the bottom of open fermenters. Completed malolactic fermentation, then matured for a further 10 months in a second use 4500L foudre.
- Light, bright cherry red
- Red fruits, herbal tones and Christmas spice
- Complex, textured and savoury. Raspberry and cranberry dominate, while pink musk and herbal tones carry through. Bright acid and fine tannins keep it fresh.
- Grenache 100%
- HARVEST DATE
- 12th & 16th March 2018
- OAK TREATMENT
- 12 months - 2-year-old large format oak (foudre)
- Alc: 14% vol, pH: 3.42, TA: 6.1g/L, GF: 0.9g/L
2018 Hedonist Grenache
- Gold Medal - 2019 Australian International Wine Show
- 90 points - www.therealreview.com, Huon Hooke, 31 Jan 2020
Medium to deep red/purple colour. Fresh earth and brown spice aromas; the tannins are tight and firm and drying, the wine is medium to full-bodied and well-structured. Dried herbs. Firm finish. A keeper, and it has drinkability. (grapes certified biodynamic)